Human Resource Development Centre
Delhi Technological University
- Formulate a programme of orientation along the broad guidelines given above.
- Identify resource persons in various fields of specialization for running the
orientation programmes and refresher courses, and familiarize such resource
persons with the philosophy and guidelines for the courses.
- Set up a documentation-Centre-cum-library for reference and source materials
necessary for the courses.
- Produce specially designed material required for effective implementation of the
courses, Organize, monitor and evaluate the courses for teachers.
- Create a culture of learning and self-improvement among teachers so that it
becomes an integral part of the educational system at the tertiary level.
- Organize orientation programmes for senior administrators, heads of departments,
principals, deans and other decision-makers to familiarize them with the philosophy
of orientation intended to facilitate reform in higher education through appropriate
modification of the management systems at various levels.
- Provide opportunities for teachers in service to exchange experience with their
peers and to mutually learn from each other.
- Provide a forum for serving teachers to keep themselves abreast of the latest
advances in various subjects.
- Provide opportunities to further widen their knowledge and to pursue research
- Provide an introduction to new methods and innovations in higher education so that
the participants can in turn develop their own innovative methods of instruction.
- Bring out publications relevant for enhancing the teaching and research capabilities
- Conduct capability enhancement programmes for non-academic staff so as to
strengthen the teaching-learning environment