Computer Science & Engineering
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
BE(CSE), MTech(CSE), PhD(CSE)
Areas of Interest
Affective Computing; Social Media Analytics; Behavioral & Cognitive Analytics; Sentiment Analysis; Computational Intelligence; Natural Language Understanding; Sustainability & Open Innovation
Dr. Akshi Kumar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering). She has been with the university for more than 11 years. She has received her Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi in 2011. She completed her Master of Technology with honours in Computer Science & Engineering from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi in 2005. She received her Bachelor of Engineering degree with distinction in Computer Science & Engineering from Maharshi Dayanand University, India in 2003. She has presented several papers in international conferences and published work in peer-reviewed and science cited journals. She is a recipient of “commendable research award for excellence in research” at Delhi Technological University, 2018 and "VIWA Outstanding Women in Engineering (Computer Science & Engineering)" Award, 2020. Dr. Kumar has authored a monograph ‘Web Technology: Theory and Practice’ published by CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group and edited a book titled ‘A Roadmap to Industry 4.0: Smart Production, Sharp Business and Sustainable Development’, Springer. She is active reviewer of many top journals of IEEE, IET, Springer and Elsevier. In addition, she is currently serving as the Guest Editor of in several journals, including the Energy Systems, Springer; Future Internet, IEEE Internet of Things Magazine, Sustainable Cities & Society, Elsevier and Autosoft Journal (Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing). Her research interests are in the area of affective computing, sentiment analysis, natural language understanding, social media analytics, soft computing, smart solutions and sustainability.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&authuser=1&user=b90f64MAAAAJ
- Lead/ Corresponding Guest Editor: Special Issue "Misinformation, Fake-news and Rumour detection in Low-Resource Languages", ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing (ACM-TALLIP) -- SCIE (Impact Factor: 1.42) (ON-GOING).
- Lead/ Corresponding Guest Editor: Special Issue "Soft Computing Models for Big Data and Internet of Things (IoT)", Big Data, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers. -- SCIE (Impact Factor: 3.446) (ON-GOING).
- Guest Editor: Special Issue “Artificial Intelligence driven Big Data Analytics: Techniques and Trends”, Autosoft Journal (Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing). -- SCIE (Impact Factor: 1.276)
- Guest Editor: Special Issue “Social, Mobile, Analytic and Cloud (SMAC) Technologies: Intelligent computing for future smart cities”, Sustainable Cities & Society, Elsevier -- SCIE (Impact Factor: 5.268)
- Guest Editor: Special Issue “Computational Intelligence for Internet of Everything”, IEEE Internet of Things Magazine
- Guest Editor: Special Issue "Special Issue on Recent Advances in Information and Communication Technologies", Future Internet, MDPI—Scopus, ESCI
- Guest Editor: Special issue on “Energy Efficiency in Building using Intelligent computing for Smart cities”, Energy Systems, Springer--Scopus
- Guest Editor: Special issue on “Big Data Analysis for Multi-Criteria Decision Making”, Recent Patents on Computer Science, Bentham Science--Scopus
Recent SCI/SCIE Indexed Publications
- Kumar, A.* & Sachdeva, N. (2020). “Multi-input Integrative Learning using Deep Neural Networks and Transfer Learning for Cyberbullying Detection in Real-time Code-Mix Data” in Multimedia Systems, Springer [SCIE-Impact Factor: 1.563]
- Kumar, A. and Jaiswal, A. (2020). “A Deep Swarm-Optimized Model for leveraging Industrial Data Analytics in Cognitive Manufacturing”, in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2020.3005532 [SCIE-Impact Factor: 9.112], ISSN: 1941-0050.
- A. K. Tripathi, K. Sharma, M. Bala, A. Kumar, V. G. Menon and A. K. Bashir. (2020). "A Parallel Military Dog based Algorithm for Clustering Big data in Cognitive Industrial Internet of Things," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 10.1109/TII.2020.2995680. [SCIE-Impact Factor: 9.112], ISSN: 1941-0050.
- Jain DK, Kumar, A.*, Sharma, V. (2020). “Tweet Recommender Model using Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System”, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 112, November 2020, Pages 996-1009, Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2020.04.001 [SCIE-Impact Factor: 6.125], ISSN: 0167-739X.
- Jain DK, Kumar, A.*, Garg, G. (2020). “Sarcasm Detection in Mash-up Language using Soft-Attention based Bi-directional LSTM and feature-rich CNN”, Applied Soft Computing, Volume 91, June 2020, 106198, Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2020.106198 [SCIE-Impact Factor: 5.472], ISSN: 1568-4946
- Kumar, A.* & Arora. A. (2020). “An ANFIS-based compatibility scorecard for IoT integration in websites”, Journal of Supercomputing, 76, 2568–2596, Springer. [SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.469] 10.1007/s11227-019-03026-x, ISSN: 0920-8542
- Hu. S, Kumar, A.*, Turjman F., Gupta S., Seth, S., Shubham. (2020). “Reviewer Credibility and Sentiment Analysis based User Proﬁle Modelling for Online Product Recommendation”, IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 26172-26189, 2020. 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2971087 [SCIE-Impact Factor: 3.745], ISSN: 2169-3536
- Kumar, A.* (2020). “Using Cognition to Resolve Duplicacy Issues in Socially Connected Healthcare for Smart Cities” , Computer Communications, Elsevier, Volume 152, 15 February 2020, Pages 272-28110, 1016/j.comcom.2020.01.04 [SCIE-Impact Factor: 2.816], ISSN: 0140-3664
- Kumar, A.*, Srinivasan K, Cheng WH, Zomaya A (2020). “Hybrid Context Enriched Deep Learning Model for Fine-grained Sentiment Analysis in Textual and Visual Semiotic Modality Social Data”, Volume 57, Issue 1, January 2020, Information Processing and Management 57 (1), 102141, Elsevier, 10.1016/j.ipm.2019.102141. [SCCI/ SCIE- Impact Factor: 4.787] ISSN: 0306-4573
- Kumar A.*, Garg G, (2019). “Empirical study of shallow and deep learning models for sarcasm detection using context in benchmark datasets”, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 1-16, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-019-01419-7 [SCIE- Impact Factor: 4.594] ISSN: 1868-5137.
- Kumar A.*, Garg G, (2019). “Sentiment Analysis of Multimodal Twitter Data.” Multimedia Tools and Applications. [SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.313] 78, 24103–24119 (2019), 10.1007/s11042-019-7390-1, ISSN: 1380-7501.
- Kumar A., Sangwan S R, Nayyar A (2019). “Rumour Veracity Detection on Twitter using Particle Swarm Optimized Shallow Classifiers”. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 78, pages 24083–24101(2019), [SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.313], 10.1007/s11042-019-7398-6
- Kumar A. *, Garg G. (2019). “Systematic Literature Review on Context-Based Sentiment Analysis in Social Multimedia.” Multimedia Tools and Applications. [SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.313], 10.1007/s11042-019-7346-5
- Kumar, A., Sharma, A. (2019). “Systematic Literature Review of Fuzzy Logic Based Text Summarization”, Iranian Journal of Fuzzy Systems, Volume 16, Issue 5
September and October 2019 Pages 45-59, [SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.276] 10.22111/IJFS.2019.4906, ISSN: 1735-0654
- Son LH, Kumar A., Sangwan S R, Arora A, Nayyar A, Basset MA. (2019). “Sarcasm Detection Using Soft Attention-Based Bidirectional Long Short-Term Memory Model with Convolution Network”, IEEE Access ( Volume: 7 ) Page(s): 23319 - 23328, 2019 [SCIE- Impact Factor: 3.745] 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2899260, ISSN: 2169-3536
- Jain DK, Kumar A., Sangwan S R, Nguyen GN, Tiwari P. (2019). “A Particle Swarm Optimized Learning Model of Fault Classification in Web-Apps”, IEEE Access, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2894871. [SCIE- Impact Factor: 3.745]
- Kumar, A.* and Jaiswal, A. (2019). “Swarm Intelligence Based Optimal Feature Selection for Enhanced Predictive Sentiment Accuracy on Twitter.” Multimedia Tools and Applications, volume 78, pages 29529–29553(2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-019-7278-0. [SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.313]
- Kumar, A.* & Sachdeva, N. (2019). “Cyberbullying detection on social multimedia using soft computing techniques: a meta-analysis.”, Multimedia Tools and Applications 78, pages 23973–24010(2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-019-7234-z [SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.313]
- Kumar A.* & Jaiswal, A. (2019). “Systematic Literature Review of Sentiment Analysis on Twitter using Soft Computing Techniques” , Concurrency and Computation Practice and Experience (CCPE), 32(4):e5107, Volume 32, Issue 1, 2020, John Wiley & Sons [SCIE- Impact Factor: 1.447], 10.1002/cpe.5107, ISSN: 1532-0634
- Kumar, A., Sharma, A. (2018). “Socio-Sentic Framework for Sustainable Agricultural Governance”, Journal of Sustainable Computing, Informatics and Systems, Elsevier, September 2018[SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.798], 10.1016/j.suscom.2018.08.006, ISSN: 2210-5379
- Kumar, A., Arora, H., Singh, N., et al. (2018). “Supported Matrix Factorization using Distributed Representations for Personalized Recommendations on Twitter”, Computers and Electrical, Elsevier, Volume 71, October 2018, Pages 569-577[SCIE- Impact Factor: 2.663], 10.1016/j.compeleceng.2018.08.007, ISSN: 0045-7906
- Outstanding Women in Engineering, 5th Venus International Women Awards - VIWA 2020
- Commendable Research Award for excellence in Research at Delhi Technological University, 2018.
- Four Best Paper Awards at International Conferences (2017: 2, 2018:1, 2019:1)
- Indian Patent Application No.201911040352 A: A. Kumar, G. Garg: IoT Based Sentiment Analysis System (Publication Date: 18/10/2019)
- Indian Patent Application No.201911036044 A: A. Kumar, G. Garg: Sentiment Analysis System (Publication Date: 20/09/2019)
- Kumar, A., “Web Technology: Theory and Practice”, Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, July 2018 ISBN: 978-1-138-55043-8
- Kumar, A. “Handwritten Digit Recognition Using Deep Learning”. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, September 2017, ISBN 978-620-2-02484-6
- Nayyar, A., Kumar A., “A Roadmap to Industry 4.0: Smart Production, Sharp Business and Sustainable Development”, Springer, November 2019, ISBN 978-3-030-14544-6
- ‘Social Data Mining’, AICTE-sponsored two weeks Faculty Development Programme on Multi-creteria Decision Making: Methods and Applications, Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Murthal on 1-01-2020
- Keynote on ‘Social Media Mining of Sentiments’, UGC sponsored National Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology(NCETIT-2019) to be held on 1st and 2nd August 2019 in Kalindi College, University of Delhi.
- ‘Data Mining Techniques in Cyber Security Solutions’ at Special Training Programme on Cryptology and Information Security, Defence R &D Organization, New Delhi, July 2019.
- ‘Soft Computing for Sentiment Analysis in Social Media: Techniques and Trends’ at FDP, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, July 2019.
- ‘Role of Natural Language Processing in Social Media Mining of Sentiments’ at FDP, SRM University, NCR Campus, June 2019.
- ‘Web Technology’ at Doon Valley Institute of Engineering & Technology, July 2017.
- ‘Role of NLP in Social Media Mining of Sentiments’ at FDP, Hindustan College of Science & Technology, Mathura, July 2017.
- ‘Research Paper Writing’, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi, Sep 2017.
- Innovative Trends in Engineering Technology & Management, MAIT, Delhi February 4 - February 6, 2020
- International Conference on Evolving Technologies in Computing, Communications and Smart-world (ETCCS 2020) CDAC, Noida, India, January 31- February 1, 2020
- International Conference on Computing, Communications and Cyber-Security (IC4S-2019) October 12-13, 2019, Springer
- 4th International Conference on Computers and Management (ICCM), Elsevier, 2018
- International Conference of Soft Computing and Applications (ICSCA), World Congress of Engineering& Computer Science, 2017.
- IEEE India International Conference on Information Processing (IICIP), 2016, Track: Soft Computing & Evolutionary Computing-I
- International Conference of Computer Science and Engineering (ICCSE), World Congress of Engineering, 2016.
PhD: Awarded: 01; Submitted: 01; Registered: 04
MTech: Awarded: 28; Registered: 04
Last Updated : 2020-07-07 22:13:28